Our Core Values
How we act:
- We are Christ Followers and intend to treat and interact with people just as He did.
- We purpose to be loving and accepting to all people and treat them as those who have been created by God and worthy of honor and respect.
- We believe that survivors of sex trafficking and exploitation need to have their voices heard. We therefore purpose to have survivor input help guide our plans and strategies, and that everything that we do is honoring and respectful to them.
- We will be trustworthy and honest and open in all of our interactions with one another and others.
- Our aim is to be impactful, to make a positive difference in our communities, to change hearts and attitudes about exploitation and trafficking, and to impact our culture.
- We are motivated by God’s grace and love, not by guilt or shame or fear.
- We desire excellence in all that we do, and seek to be at peace with every person and organization that we interact with, as far as it depends on us.
- We will withhold judgment from all people we interact with, having a heart for both victims and perpetrators, both of who need healing and restoration.
- We will promote and affirm other groups who are making an impact in this area, being a resource to all whom we serve.
- We purpose to work with people of all faiths and those who have no faith. We will be inviting, not driving, encouraging, not shaming.
What we affirm:
- Mercy and justice, showing compassion towards those who suffer and advocating for what is right and just, by following the teachings and examples of God the Father and Jesus His Son.
- Restoration through Jesus Christ, producing true freedom, wholeness, and healing for all who humble themselves and give him their devotion and commitment.
- Sharing the good news and love of Christ, and providing acts of service to others. Engaging culture and influencing people in ways that reflect God’s character.
- Local Churches as God’s primary means for Christian community and mission, and other Christian organizations that support and collaborate in living out the example of Jesus.
- Unity of all believers, centered on Jesus, and characterized by loving relationships that bridge and honor our differences.
- Reconciliation of people to right relationship with God and to one another through Jesus Christ.
- God-honoring relationships that respect young and old, those of all races, backgrounds, social status, and lifestyles.
- Religious freedom and liberty of conscience for all people — to believe in values and principles and morals and theology that they hold as true. This is a fundamental human right.
- Respecting differences of opinions in others, listening to them carefully, seeking to understand what they believe and why they believe it. This will help us become the most successful in what we do.
- We affirm that God created sexuality to bond people together in a committed and life-long marriage relationship and as a means of establishing loving and stable families. We purpose to affirm this God given purpose as good and right and true. Those who use sexuality for their own pleasure, power, or financial gain to exploit children or other adults should be exposed, opposed, and restored to wholeness (when possible).
Statement of Faith
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit who alone is worthy of our worship and devotion.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by faith in Christ through the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by who’s indwelling the Christian is enabled to be God’s witness and live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal death and separation from God.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that justice and compassion are of highest priority to God, and He commands us to protect, love, defend, and support those who are being oppressed and be His representatives for justice on this earth