Trafficking Justice Prayer Requests
March & April 2019
Psalm 125:1-4: Those who trust in the Lord are as secure as Mount Zion; they will not be defeated but will endure forever. Just as the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people, both now and forever. The wicked will not rule the land of the godly, for then the godly might be tempted to do wrong. O Lord, do good to those who are good, whose hearts are in tune with you
- Pray for our Outreach Team: doing training as they begin to prepare to contact and connect with women in the industry.
- Pray for our residents as they continue to learn about their identity in Christ and find healing! Also pray for relationships to continue growing in our new spaces we are going into.
- Pray for the women in the clubs. Even if they aren’t being trafficked, they are in the sex industry. Pray that they would know God’s love and learn that there are other ways to make money. Pray for people to bring light into these dark places.
Whispers of Hope
- Pray for the woman that was to join us short-term last week. Many things came up to prevent her from getting to the Farm, but if all goes well, she will join us soon.
- Pray for all the women who are calling for Intensive Counseling sessions. We have seven scheduled (one and two-day) between now and the end of April. It can be hard for some women to make the decision to get some help, and when they call and have to wait a couple months to get in, they can get quite discouraged. Please pray for their hearts to feel at peace and trust the Lord’s timing.
Beautiful and Loved
- Pray over our team as we gather for pack and pray outreach and the conversations we have with people when in the clubs.
- Pray for wisdom, guidance, and protection for our outreach team. Pray that more Spirit-empowered workers would be sent into the harvest.
- Pray for the people in the city. Pray that the love of Jesus would be so prevalent in the hearts of the people in the Twin Cities that there isn’t a demand for this industry
- Pray for healing to continue to take place and restoration in hope for the future.
- Pray for financial support to aid those coming out of the life. Also pray for those who have addictions to get the resources and help needed to recover.
- Pray for friends and family of those in the home.
- Please pray for our Freedom Weekend Conference, occurring May 3-5, 2019.
- Pray for our planning teams, that all the details can be worked out and any challenges overcome.
- Pray for all the speakers, that God would give them powerful words and that they would have God’s peace and protection surrounding them.
- Please pray for the Youth Rally on Saturday night, that hundreds of teens would turn out and accept the challenge of being active and missional as God guides them.
- We ask that God would bring the people of His choosing to each of the events, that each person would respond to God’s promoting, and that these people would be inspired to take action in the church and their community for this important cause.
- Please pray that we could quickly hire a qualified and energized person to fill our open fundraising manager position. We have five people that we are interviewing right now. This is our first paid staff position, and it is important that we find someone who will be a good fit for this role.
- We are having some Strategic Planning sessions in March, April, and May. Pray for guidance as our leadership team and board considers strategy options for 2019, 2020, and beyond.
- A core part of our mission is to mobilize individuals into specific areas that are consistent with their gifting’s, passions, and time availability.
- Please pray that we could mobilize hundreds of people in 2019. That the Lord would inspire and call them into his work of Justice.
- Pray for more open doors in schools and youth groups this winter and spring as we partner with ACT united to launch Youth Aware – that we will be able to talk with thousands of teens about how to keep themselves and their peers safe from exploitation. Pray for school and church leaders to understand this need and respond to parent’s requests.
- Praise God we have someone interested in our Legislative Advocacy Position. Pray for God to bring servant leaders to TJ for the rest of our three open volunteer staff positions.
Cherish All Children
- Pray for God to help us to seek His truth.
- Pray for us to see the vulnerable in our society and act to lovingly support all, especially those who have been harmed.
- Pray for unity in these times of division, reminding us that God is here in the midst of it all.