Trafficking Justice Prayer Requests
2 Corinthians 4:4-6: “The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.”
- Pray for our Outreach Team: doing training as they begin to prepare to contact and connect with women in the industry.
- Pray for our residents as they continue to learn about their identity in Christ and find healing!
- Pray for the women in the clubs. Even if they aren’t being trafficked, they are in the sex industry. Pray that they would know God’s love and learn that there are other ways to make money. Pray for people to bring light into these dark places.
Whispers of Hope
- Please pray for our Christmas Celebration on Friday evening at 7:00pm in Northfield at Emmaus Church. It will be an evening of beautiful music woven together with the Gospel message, as well as a testimony by one of the Whispers of Hope residents. Please come if you can and invite others! This is a free concert and no tickets are needed. We celebrate all that the Lord has done and His faithfulness to Whispers of Hope!
- Please pray for the homeless population as the cold weather adds to already difficult situations. Last winter we were able to help a woman living in her car. She became a resident and we learned a lot from her as she shared the depths of her hopelessness.
- Please continue to pray that God would be glorified through the motivations, words and actions of the staff and other volunteers.
- Please continue to pray that women in need would hear of Whispers of Hope. If we are full or cannot serve them due to our license, please pray that the Lord would use us to lead them to others as directed.
Beautiful and Loved
- Pray over our team as we gather for pack and pray outreach and the conversations we have with people when in the clubs.
- Pray for wisdom, guidance, and protection for our outreach team. Pray that more Spirit-empowered workers would be sent into the harvest.
- Pray for the people in the city. Pray that the love of Jesus would be so prevalent in the hearts of the people in the Twin Cities that there isn’t a demand for this industry
- Pray for healing to continue to take place and restoration in hope for the future.
- Pray for friends and family of those in the home.
- Pray for financial support to aid those coming out of the life. Also, pray for those who have addictions to get the resources and help needed to recover.
- Thank God that we are hearing of more people desiring to be mobilized in this movement. Pray that they would find their place, especially the men!
- Pray for more open doors in schools and youth groups this fall as we partner with ACT united to launch YouthAware – that we will be able to talk with thousands of teens about how to keep themselves and their peers safe from exploitation.
- Pray for wisdom for the TJ Board and Leadership Team that we would be able to continue prioritizing what God wants us to do and lean on Him for guidance and understanding.
- Pray for our volunteer staff team and their families. Pray for God’s protection, encouragement, and healing.
- Pray for local churches and pastors – that they may be inspired to join the cause of Biblical Justice and Compassion for the vulnerable and the victims.
- Pray for God to bring servant leaders to TJ for these open positions: Prevention Track Leader, Legal Advocacy Track Leader, Prevention of Demand Track Leader, Fundraising Director, and Communications Director.
Cherish All Children
- Pray for God to help us to seek His truth.
- Pray for us to see the vulnerable in our society and act to lovingly support all, especially those who have been harmed.
- Pray for unity in these times of division, reminding us that God is here in the midst of it all.