Marketing and Communication Director
June 27, 2019
Oversees and owns strategy and execution for Communications and Marketing for Trafficking Justice
- Prioritizes communication needs and gives direction to the Newsletter Coordinator, Social Media Writer, and Website Manager on how to best represent TJ and communicate to our members and the public.
- Ensures timely, accurate and consistent communication regarding: volunteer recruitment needs, events, trainings – In this way, assists with volunteer engagement and event success
- Works with the other members of TJ leadership team to develop content promoting open volunteer opportunities within TJ, both for internal staff positions and external volunteer mobilization.
- Gives direction to Social Media and other campaigns to increase engagement of people to with our web platforms.
- Develops strategy for monitoring website and social media engagement and developing strategy to maximize visibility, engagement, and traffic to the sites.
- Leads Communication Team Meetings as needed.
- Ensure ethics in communication and survivor sensitive language are used
- Designs and implements comprehensive marketing strategies to create public awareness in Minnesota communities of Trafficking Justice and our mission, with a goal to inspire, equip and mobilize volunteers. This includes design of our website, social media strategy, and other communications.
- Creates strategies to connect with our partner organizations.
- Develops specific standards and goals for TJ branding (i.e. logo, printed materials, web-based materials, posters, advertisements, etc.)
- Monitors progress and insures that challenges and obstacles to progress are overcome.
- Creates press releases as needed, and develops strategy for local area newspaper and website articles promoting events and increasing awareness of the human trafficking issue as well as TJ organization
- Ensures survivor-appropriate language is utilized in the event formation, communication, and execution
- Reports to Executive Director and is part of TJ Leadership Team.
- Newsletter writer, social media writer, website manager, and website updates coordinator report to this position.
- Attends most TJ leadership team meetings once a month and TJ All-Staff meeting once per month.
- Open to attending TJ Monthly education meetings as schedule permits.
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills
- Experience in successfully leading teams to execute projects and plans
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Exquisite communication and interpersonal skills
- Client and partnership-oriented approach with an aptitude for building and strengthening relationships.
- Knowledge of current and online marketing techniques and best practices
- Some knowledge of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.)
- BA or MA in business administration, marketing, communications, or other relevant field, or significant experience in these fields.
This is currently a volunteer position. No financial compensation is available for this position at this time.
Trafficking Justice also seeks people with an active, graced based faith in Jesus Christ as volunteer staff, who are in agreement with our Mission, Vision, Core Values, and Statement of Faith.
Commitment Level: 12 to 18-month commitment requested to start. Estimated 6 to 10 hours per week involvement.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating interest in this position and include your resume.