Volunteer Opportunities with Partner Organizations
Please see the list of current monthly volunteer opportunities to help serve.
1. Help women gain necessary skills at Breaking Free Life skills classes – St Paul, Wednesdays, either 10am-12pm or 12:30-2pm10am – 12pm classes are focused on job skills (interview prep, mock interviews, what do employers want, etc)12:30 – 2pm classes are focused on life skills (health/wellness, budgeting, sewing, oil changes, etc). Sign up link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0d48aea62ea1fb6-breaking
2. Donation NeedsRestoration Home Needs:
- New (not used): tennis shoes (any size), winter boots (any size), pajamas and underwear (women’s all sizes), toiletries, paper towels, and napkins, 60-watt light bulbs
- Gift cards for groceries (Cub, Aldi, Walmart, HyVee, etc)
- Gift Cards for restaurants (Culvers, Leann Chins, McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Arby’s, Perkins, Taco Bell, Subway, etc) – should be in smaller denominations as to provide only a meal or two
- Lyft and Uber coupons, bus tokens
- Food shelf items like canned goods (meat, vegetables, fruit), powdered beverages, sugar, coffee, boxed dinners, cereals, oatmeal, rice, noodles, mac & cheese, juice boxes, granola bars, fruit snacks)
- Fleece tie blankets – any size, fun patterns for both girls and boys
Please contact Beth Johnson, TJ Restoration Track Leader at [email protected] if you are able and/or interested in providing any of the above.
3. Helping Single Mothers:
If you would like to help single mothers (who are coming out of the Trafficking Lifestyle) and their children please call or email Terri Hands at [email protected][email protected] or 612.964.6879. The items they are most in need of are listed below:
- Gas cards
- Grocery cards (Walmart, Target)
- Cleaning supplies (paper towels, cleaning wipes, dish soap)
- Baby soap & shampoo (lavender scented)
- Dove soap (unscented)
- Wipes (unscented)
If you have other new/unused items you are willing to donate, please contact our Hospitality Leader, Deb, at [email protected] as she gathers items together in support of Restoration Homes and into Gift Bags.